I am a cyber-entrepreneur and social-entrepreneur in Detroit, Michigan.
I am a high-value-added person that grows the people, places and things I care about.
I grew up in central Michigan; went to college in Ohio; and now live, work and volunteer in
My interests include:
Did you find some information on this site valuable? Consider making a
I use the power of the Internet to make Detroit better. This manifests itself in Web applications, companies, sites and projects:
- Web sites
- "Map of Detroit parcels of property" - approx 1997 - a map of downtown Detroit showing the parcels of property with hotlinks to info about their owners and their contact info. Designed to use this new thing called the Internet to disseminate this info and bring in developers and rebuild Detroit
- detroitskyscrapers.com - approx 1998 - '02 - back when no one was making Web sites about Detroit, photos and information about the 30 tallest skyscrapers in Detroit, to use this new thing called the Internet to share with the world a great thing about Detroit that the big, regular news outlets weren't covering and make Detroit better
- de-twa.com - approx 2000 - '03 - an introduction and guide to Detroit designed to get young professionals to move in, well before Richard Florida wrote his book
- Web applications
- detroitpreservation.com - approx 2000 - '03 - a database-backed web site that "made a market" for people who wanted to buy or fix up an old house or building in Detroit and places for sale and real estate and craftspeople who did that kind of work.
- detroitmetrics.org - a control panel that dynamically graphs several important quality-of-life metrics to show hard data/numbers about how Detroit's leaders are doing and make them do process improvement and make Detroit better
- x - a "mashup" that allows people to use their Facebook profiles to plot where they live on a Google Map, strengthen social fabric in the City and attract more residents and investment and rebuild Detroit
- web4000.com - 2000 - '03 - designed Web sites for small businesses
- work-flow.biz - 2009 - '10 - a work flow applications that allowed people to work together more efficiently and businesses and organizations be more effective and profitable
- DMCI - " "
- DPS - " "
- Koper Properties - " " - several times attempted to raise money to rehabilitate beautiful, old, vacant buildings in Detroit
- Video projects
- Stop-motion Detroit youTube video - 996 photos of a walking tour of downtown Detroit set to music stop-motion style to show the cool urbanity of Detroit and attract money, residents and visitors into the City
- Historic Mansion Rehab tour youTube video - A youTube video of a tour of a run-down mansion a young couple is restoring. Designed to attract more residents into the City and retain young couples and couples with young children
last updated 3/7/12